Finally, the end of June… Here are the books I’ve bought and received this month of June. I got thirteen books this month. They are mostly fantasy and contemporary. One book is not here because I gave it to a friend. (Note: I am now broke.) I will be talking about all of them one by one respectively. Please bear this not-so long post.
1. The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow I received this book from Michelle Madow herself for review and other purposes. Seeing this book from Sasha Alsberg’s account, I have been really wanting to buy this book. Sasha really likes this book and has been recommending it to her followers. I only know a few things about this book: billionaire dad, rich daughters/sisters. I hope to get into this one soon.
2. Better than Perfect by Melissa Kantor To be honest, I have no idea what this book is about, not even a single hint. The reason I bought this is because the author of this book will be coming here soon for a book signing event. Color me stoked.
3. Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor Okay, I’m going to be honest again. This is an impulse buy for the book signing. But this one is different. I have heard a lot of things about this one. I have heard mixed reviews on this one, so I’m really scared to start this. Nevertheless, I’m still excited to read this.
4. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno I have seen this book quite around the Bookstagram community. I’ve heard mostly bad reviews, but this cover is great, isn’t it? I don’t care if it’s bad or not as long as the cover is good, my money vanishes. And, the author will be coming here with Melissa Kantor for a book signing.
5. Extraordinary Means by Robin Schneider This is the book I really anticipated to buy this month, and I’m successful! Look at the cover; that is one of the reasons I bought this book. Next reason is that I love her other book, The Beginning of Everything. If you have seen my post about contemporaries, you’ll know (If you haven’t checked it out, here it is: [Random Sunday] CONTEMPORARY). The last reason is she is also coming to visit here for a book signing. She and the other authors I’ve mentioned above are coming and I’m so excited!
6. How to Love by Katie Cotugno I have been recommended by my friends to read this book. I love the color and the cover of this book. When I was at the book store, I wanted to buy two copies of this book: this cover and the other new cover. Both cover look fantastic. But, I didn’t buy the new cover. Now, I’m really excited to read this book.
7. Talker 25 by Joshua McCune If you have been reading my previous posts, you know I’ve talked about this book two times already. I have interviewed this author from ([Author Interview] Joshua McCune (Author of Talker 25, Invisible Monsters)). This book is said by the author to be brutal, and this book contains dragons which is really exciting. I haven’t read this one yet because school is really getting in the way.
8. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo I met Leigh Bardugo just recently and until now I can’t get over it. I received this ARC while I was at the signing event. Meeting her was really an awesome experience. So about the book, this is also set in the Grisha world but with a completely different set of characters. If you still can’t get over the Grisha trilogy and want more of the world, try this one. It will be released on September 29, 2015.
9. The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams So my friend went to the States and I asked her to buy me this book from Barnes & Noble. Hell, was it pricey and heavy. I only knew a few things about this one, so I will be reading this one completely knowing nothing. This is my first leatherbound classic, so I’m stoked.
10. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas Okay, I got to be totally honest. I have never read a Sarah J. Maas book before, but her books have been seducing my eyes lately. They have been sitting on my shelf for weeks, waiting to be read. Not to mention that their covers look beyond spectacular. I will read this one soon. I also won this book from a giveaway along with the other books of Sarah J. Maas mentioned below.
11. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas I don’t know anything about this one yet because I haven’t read Throne of Glass yet. I only know names: Celaena Sardotheon and Sam (if I am not mistaken).
12. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas Like I said, I’m completely clueless. So I’m just going to say nothing about this one. AND BY THE WAY, this book I won was signed! So, yay! Cheers for signed books!
Thank you all for reading this long post. I hope you had fun devouring all the information or just random stuffs I’ve said. Have a good day!