My favorite feature in my blog? Definitely Stacking the Shelves! I love showcasing the books I hauled monthly, and in this case, I hauled 24 books last month. I know, I won’t probably get into them quickly because I read slower than a turtle. It’s totally okay that I got a lot of books last month, right? Because it’s my birth month? Can you at least let me slip for now?
Showing you a picture of my book haul because you deserve it, but do you? I’ll let you drool for a moment. This is my biggest book haul in my whole entire life, and I’m proud of myself that I only bought 5 books out of this pile.
Books I bought and given to me:
- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, Blue Lily, Lily Blue
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- Invisibility by David Levithan & Andrea Cremer
- Auggie & Me by R.J. Palacio
I’m most excited to read The Raven Cycle because it’s our book of the month of our book club. If you’re interested to join us, you can find our club here: The Book Boys. We’re only reading The Raven Boys for the club, but if you want to finish the series, re-read the series, or start reading the series, you’re all welcome.
I got Passenger because I’ve been wanting to acquire it since forever, but I’ve been bombarded with a lot of mixed reviews so I’m putting it off. Also, I got Invisibility because it was like four dollars. Lastly, I received Auggie & Me as a birthday gift from my friend.
Books I got from publishers and giveaways (Penguin Random House, Harper Collins and National Book Store):
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- Green Island by Shawna Yang Ryan
- The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
- The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriett Reuter Hapgood
- The Fall of Butterflies by Andrea Portes
- Unrivaled by Alyson Noel
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes
- What Happens Now by Jennifer Castle
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
- What the Dead Want by Norah Olson
I received Tell Me Three Things and Green Island from Penguin Random House. I tell you, Tell Me Three Things was AMAZING!!! I haven’t posted my review yet because as stated at the blog tour schedule, I’ll post my review on April 25. This book already came out, so you can buy it online or at your nearest book stores.
The other books, too lazy to state them all, are the books by Harper Collins, be it imprint or not. I received some from Harper Collins and some from giveaways I’ve won hosted by our local book store. Can’t wait to read them all! They’re all ARCs by the way.
Books I received from authors:
- The Kingdom of Assassins by Erik Mackenzie
- Dying to Live by Vincent J. Monteleone
- Touched by Elisa S. Amore
- Emotions by Arnulfo Cantarero
All of these books were sent to me by authors and I already have read them all. I’m going to post my reviews of them soon. They were sent to me a long time ago, but I just received them this month. I really love reading books by indie authors. Keep ’em coming!
So here I am trying to attempt to carry all the books I’ve hauled last month. Success or failure? This is how you do a book haul, guys. You have to carry them. Comprende? I don’t actually know Spanish, but I know that. So pardon me, and don’t reply in this post with a lot of Spanish words, I’ll probably drown.
How many books did you haul last month? Comment below and let’s talk about it.